BRINE SA has been placing top IT specialists at well-known customers for over 30 years. In doing so, we focus on performance, competence, experience and partnerships.
BRINE SA is currently looking for a z/OS System Programmer
The client is one of the leading global market infrastructure providers. Our financial services cover the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data for a broad range of asset classes (securities, derivatives, FX…). Information Technology is fundamental to our success, highly integrated and automated systems running reliably and with outstanding performance. Innovation in IT will be key to our growth and success in the future.
We are offering a position for a candidate with following experience as:
z/OS System Programmer
Field of activity
The Settlement IT, Mainframe Operation department is mainly responsible for the mainframe z/OS and zLinux Systems); the management of the Data Infrastructure (database, backup and storage); the management of the Connectivity to SWIFT and WebSphere MQ including the infrastructure process support (Capacity Planning, Disaster Recovery, Asset Management, …
- Installation and support mainframe hardware z enterprise systems, FICON channels switches
- Administration and support of IBM tape library systems TS3500, TS7700 and TSM
- Space management of mainframe storage (DASD) under z/OS and zVM operating systems
- Parallel SYSPLEX management
- z/OS TCP/IP and VTAM
- Mainframe performance and capacity management z/OS and zVM
- Installation and maintaining of mainframe basis z/OS / MVS systems, JES2, TSO, SDSF, USS
- Installation and support of z/OS CA products CA-1, CA-7, RMS, CMA-Spool and LDMS, BETA92
- Administration IBM System Automation and Netview
- Technical support for job processing and batch runs
- Technical support for z/OS MQ environments.
- University degree in computer science
- Several years of experience as z/OS systems programmers and hardware support, HCD
- Good knowledge of SMP/E and MVS user mods or system exits
- Profound understanding of MVS commands
- Proficient in JCL and TSO / ISPF, REXX
- Sysplex installation and multi-site Sysplex performance management
- Handling of HMC, IPLs and LPAR configuration management
- Mainframe Storage Management
- Experience with zVM and zLinux configurations on mainframe environment
- Mainframe performance management MVS and zVM
- RACF security
- TCP/IP, OSA and VTAM skills
- Mainframe disaster recovery management
- Fluent in English and some German language skills
- Ability to work in stress situation, ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Able to work with highly productive mainframe environments
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to details
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-location team
- Available to work during weekends to perform maintenance activities
- Available to provide on-call support 24/7 on a rota basis
- Ready to work in shifts, early and late
Additionally, you need to be a team player with good communication skills, highly motivated, flexible and good at handling MS Office applications.
Interested in working in our international team performing challenging and diversified tasks? We would be happy to discuss what we can offer you in terms of benefits and career prospects in a personal meeting.
Please send your CV ASAP in Word format to Brine SA.
Work location: Prague, Czech Republic
Duration: Fixed position
Salary: Local Market rate according to experience
Permit: EU permits
Language: English, German an asset
Ref. Nr.: LO2319