We are looking for a Medical Device Packaging technology expert, for one of our customers in Basel.
Lead and manage technical activities and apply expertise to address complex design, development, operational issues for the preparation and timely delivery of Primary and Secondary Packaging for combination products, processes and procedures. Compile Design Control documentation and contributing to a high quality Design History File (DHF). Author and Review of DHF relevant documents. Ensure quality and compliance to applicable regulations of the DHF elements of the assigned projects. Consult on the development and/or optimization manufacturing processes for medical devices and combination products.
Packaging Technology Activities:
- Coordinate packaging development activities with the project team members for assigned projects
- Maintain knowledge, review qualification and validation files in the areas of materials (glass, polymers, rubbers, silicone/lubricants, sterile barrier systems, adhesives) and manufacturing (injection moulding, glass converting, rubber moulding, assembly, fill&finish, transport validation)
- Develop packaging concepts to support early phase development
- Conduct feasibility assessments on new technology/ packaging concepts
- Develop early and late phase packaging prototypes using rapid prototyping, machined and/or soft tooling
- Conduct design for manufacture assessments
- Conduct tolerance stack analyses
- Maintain technical drawings and models
- Contribute to risk analyses
- Develop Design Input Requirements
- Successfully demonstrated several years (3-6 years) of directly related experience as principal scientist or equivalent.
- Recognized expertise in a specific area.
- Thorough knowledge of state-of-art technology/equipment/regulation as appropriate for the role.
- Thorough understanding of packaging and medical devices development processes.
- Ability to work in and/or lead interdisciplinary and/or cross-cultural teams.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills. Strong presentation skills and scientific/technical writing skills. Advanced coaching skills.
- BS/MS or equivalent
- Advanced degree in a scientific or relevant discipline (Ph.D. or equivalent).
- EU citizen or valid work permit
To learn more about this opportunity please send your CV ASAP in Word format to Brine SA
Work location: Basel
Duration: initially 6 months (extension possible if performance is good)
Salary: to be discussed
Language: Good knowledge of English (oral and written).
Desirable knowledge of site language.