We are looking for a Global Head, for our Client in Basel.
The Global Head, Data Governance is accountable for defining the roadmap for data strategy in collaboration with business and technology leaders to define scope, priorities and implementation plan, define and maintain policies and standards for end-to-end data governance.
The role is accountable for the data governance framework and master data management of operational data within Global Development Operations, Global Drug Development (GDD) and beyond.
This role is responsible for developing scalable processes for managing data within programs, ensuring overall data quality inputs and tracking exceptions. This role is critical in leading efforts to establish operational & administrative data standards, a data governance organization and processes.
- Drive cross-business decisions that align business priorities with business strategies into an enterprise data strategy
- Integrate and align business roadmaps into an enterprise data roadmap to deliver on the enterprise data strategy (e.g. Stride, Data 42 enterprise projects)
- Prioritization of enterprise data needs and enterprise data governance and define data prioritization framework for cross functional initiatives
- Define data governance operational processes (e.g., data quality measurement) in line with policies and standards, clearly articulating roles & responsibilities and establish and disseminate required frameworks, methodologies, tools, standards and templates to be used for Data Governance
- Responsible for data governance and canonical information modelling across programs impacting clinical development planning, clinical supplies, clinical trial execution and Regulatory submission
- Manage the data governance framework and master data management for operational data (no responsibility for clinical data standards), with a focus on improving data quality, data harmonization and the protection of sensitive data through modifications
- Lead the visioning, approval and implementation of new policies, procedures and roles for data governance and master data management
- Collaborate closely with the ISRM and Dev AQ Leads around data quality control and information model management
- Lead and execute data governance strategies in line with GDD’s
- Establish data governance policies and standards preserving data quality i.e. data accuracy, consistency, conformity, duplication, completeness, integrity, security and retention
- Play a strategic role in the implementation of priority projects related to centralization the exchange of operational data between systems and integrated, cost-platform reporting and dashboarding, and advanced statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Establish a forum of Business Unit representatives to align on data standards and work with Business Units to establish consistent data quality rules and definitions
- Partner in a consultative fashion with GDO global line functions to establish, maintain and continuously improve data governance service offerings, data access and quality, and master data management standards
- Lead establishment of processes to continuously monitor data entered into the system on a regular basis
- Lead establishment of data quality, governance and issue tracking processes
- Educate project teams on data maintenance and monitoring procedures Line management of assigned Data Governance Managers:
- Accountable for management responsibilities (operational and functional) of Data Governance associates, including objective setting, performance assessments and development planning of direct reports.
- Responsible for hiring, training and onboarding of new Data Governance Managers and associates
- Mentor/coach assigned Data Governance Managers and associates
- 21. Build Culture Teams and Talent
- Build a deep talent bench by driving top-level talent acquisition, succession planning and development of associates across GDD and Divisions
- Strengthen GDO by developing an excellence-oriented One Development culture, change excellence management, fostering innovation, and building best-in-class teams that fully exploit “Drug Development” opportunities, internal systems, programs, processes and tools.
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry or information services industry experience, with previous experience in either drug development or project management, in the Pharmaceutical, CRO or Technology Services industry
- Excellent understanding of the Clinical Development process and the requirements of supportive technologies and data governance models and architecture
- Strong leadership and people management skills in global setting and proven ability to develop high performing teams and diverse profiles
- Significant experience, and proven ability to effectively engage & manage associates from widely varying backgrounds & functions within a dispersed and highly matrixed organization
- Proven expert level knowledge of and experience with master data management, very strong technical, quantitative & problem solving skills
- Excellent understanding of clinical development, quality and regulatory standards and policies pertaining to data
- Proven ability to lead effectively the development and implementation of a data architecture to achieve highest levels of quality, compliance and governance.
- Provide thought-leading insights to the competitive environment and internal partner interfaces
- Proven track record in working across a matrix organization and demonstrates expert skills in building partnerships, negotiating agreements; excels at collaboration with diverse internal and external organizations.
- Experience working with electronic databases, clinical and/or project management planning and reporting systems.
- Ability to work on cross-functional global teams.
- MSc/ PhD (or equivalent) in life science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or business administration with relevant industry experience of minimum 10+ years.
- EU citizen or valid work permit
Work location: Basel
Duration: 01.02.2019 – 31.12.2019
Salary: to be discussed
To learn more about this opportunity please send your CV ASAP in Word format to Brine SA