BRINE SA has been placing top IT specialists at well-known customers for over 30 years. In doing so, we focus on performance, competence, experience and partnerships.
BRINE SA is currently looking for a Cloud and DevOps Engineer – Energy, in Prague.
The company is far more than a pure marketplace organizer for the trading in shares. It is a transaction services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data. Our success is based on our highly integrated and automated IT systems. Therefore, Information Technology is the core of the company: With advanced technology, it affords companies and investors access to global capital markets. Information Technology designs, builds and operates the technological infrastructure of the company and 16 other exchanges around the world. More than 1,000 IT employees implement the segments’ strategies through technological applications, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group.
For our Product Organization “Energy” we are looking for a dedicated DevOps and Cloud Engineer regarding our globally leading trading systems for energy and commodities markets. We are designing, implementing, testing and operating one-stop-shop solutions for electronic marketplaces around the world. The tradable instruments cover a wide variety such as Power Spot instruments (tradable 24/7 on 365 days a year), commodity futures and OTC cleared derivatives.
Field of activity
Your responsibility within the Energy product team will include the daily operation and deployment of our applications as well as the installation and maintenance of servers.
As a curious self-learner, you will automate all processes within this field of responsibility using state-of-the-art instrumentation – thereby ensuring a stable production. You are encouraged to propose new methods for operations and deployments –even for management – demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits to our product.
In our Energy product team, we strive to keep up a start-up mentality with technology-driven people that are part of the decision process – reshaping and improving the future of our product.
- Full stack responsibility of Energy infrastructure and applications including troubleshooting.
- Deployment and support of internally developed applications as well as third party software within the production environment.
- Maintain and ensure high-availability on server and application level (through clustering or stand-by hosts).
- System – (upgrading, patching and tuning), capacity- and performance management.
- Continuous improvement and automation of processes for both operation and deployment activities.
- Take part in development of CI/CD solution, Containerization, Cloudification.
- Operation includes early/late shifts and on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 1-2 shifts or on-call duty per month might be expected).
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years’ experience in System Administration in a highly critical environment.
- Experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis).
- Configuration management experience (e.g. Puppet, Ansible, Chef).
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7 (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.).
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: AWS, VM Ware, Docker, Kubernetes, Veritas Cluster Server, Terraform.
- Be able to take responsibility and deliver results under time pressure.
- Knowledgeable in DevOps and SRE methodologies.
- Work experience with KanBan and Scrum is appreciated.
- Experience with Git/GitHub.
- Familiar with service and performance monitoring (ELK stack, TICK stack).
- Experienced in Middleware & Database Administration (RabbitMQ, EnterpriseDB, MySQL, and MongoDB).
- Already worked with Web & application servers / proxy (Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy).
- Understanding of Serverless, Microservices architecture.
Interested in working in international teams performing challenging and diversified tasks? If so, we look forward to receiving your application.
To learn more about this opportunity please send your CV ASAP in Word format to Brine SA.
Work location: Prague
Duration: Permanent position
Permits required: EU citizen or valid work permit
Language: English, German is an asset